[CQ-Contest] RX Heresy? - Key Clicks

Doug Smith dougw9wi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 05:43:56 PST 2010

Just as a data point, I notice a *significant* reduction in rate when other stations move in within my 500Hz IF window.

A small part of it is because of receiver issues on my end -- my not-totally-crunchproof receiver, my wider-than-it-could-be window.

But even the rate of louder, easy-to-copy-despite-the-QRM signals declines noticeably.

What that tells me is that the guy on the other end is having problems.

Of course, you can only go so far protecting the other receiver.  (and the other set of ears)  We can't demand 2.7KHz of CW run space to accommodate
those callers too cheap to buy a CW filter, or 10KHz on phone for the guy using an old S-38.  Can we demand 500Hz?  250?

--

Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66