[CQ-Contest] Band Edges

Richard F DiDonna NN3W nn3w at cox.net
Sun Mar 7 06:13:06 PST 2010

Hi Rick.  Owing to work commitments, I too am sidelined this year.  Been
going and down the band spotting folks, and have noticed some folks waaay
too close to the edges.  We really need to clean up this part of the act
unless we want to give the Emcomm and 14.300 idiots plenty of ammunition.

BTW...It was very amusing to listen to 14.300 this morning and yesterday.
Clearly, courtesy does not extend to the 14.300 ops.  6Y5RP just fired up
right at 1200z.  Did not ask if the frequency was clear.  Did not ask if
anyone else was nearby.  Simply fired up, declared that this was an
"emergency center of activity frequency recognized in all three IRU
regions," and demnded that other folks stay 3.0 KHz away on either side.

73 Rich NN3W