[CQ-Contest] SWL QSL cards

Edward Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Fri Mar 12 04:54:31 PST 2010

Hi John,

SHAME ON YOU for simply tossing away those SWL cards like that...!
Seriously!!!

Did you ever consider the fact that such actions could very well have
"turned-off" more than one budding wannabe Ham...? Not replying to a SWL
card is unkind turn-off, IMHO---and heaven knows Ham radio needs all the new
blood that it can muster if outr hobby is going to last a generation beyond
our own.

I personally make it a point to answer each & every such card that I can,
even adding words on the back of same to the effect of, "I hope we might
make it a true TWO-WAY confirmation some day soon".

It doesn't cost much to be a goodwill Amateur radio ambassador this way, and
the results could well be rewarding for all parties concerned, IMHO!

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ