[CQ-Contest] Update - USB to Serial Port Device

Ken Widelitz widelitz at gte.net
Sun Mar 14 17:26:50 PDT 2010

Thanks to all that responded for the suggestions.

It turns out that the W5XD Multi-keyer is the culprit. If I hook the rig
directly to any of the USB to Serial Port devices I've now tried, there is
no bzzzzt in the audio when the rig is polled. If I go through the
Multi-keyer, it is there every time the rig is polled. Using 2 USB serial
ports, one to the rig and one to the Multi-keyer, does generate the bzzzzt.
Ample ferrite does not help at all.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT