[CQ-Contest] NCCC Thursday Sprint Practice, April 2 UTC - Single band 40m, dupes OK

Ken Keeler kenkeeler at jazznut.com
Tue Mar 30 11:48:23 PDT 2010

This week, we'll  use the NS CW  format, but special April fools rules:
Thursday, April 1, local time, April 2, UTC, 0230-0300Z.
We're on Daylight Savings Time, so your local time is one hour later
than winter)

NS will be on  40m  ONLY  (7040 to 7050).
NCCC SPRINT RULES modified to:   DUPES OK, with one intervening
QSO;  100 WATTS max

Practice the pure art of sprint, shedding the challenge of other band
strategy and SO2R !!!
I hope this will encourage DanWa and the KID to rejoin the Thursday sprints.

Maybe W9RE will do the same format in SNS on this one-timer.  What think, Mike?

The SLOW SPEED CW NS practice continues on Thursday,  0200-0220Z:
Check for W9RE's announcement on CQ-Contest for details.
The  schedule of Thursday (sometimes Friday also) events will soon
be  posted on the NEXT NS page at:
http://www.ncccsprint.com/next_ns.html

General rules and further info at: http://www.ncccsprint.com/

-- Report scores, discuss any contesting issue, near 3610 LSB after
the practice,  at 0300Z (8 PM PDT) on
the weekly NCCC contest net), and send your score directly to the
3830 reflector.
Thanks to WA7BNM and N7WA for their posting service.

Please spread the word about this departure from the the usual.  On
April 9Z, we go back to the usual four band format, warming up for
the start of the Spring Ladder on April 16Z.

CU, N6RO