[CQ-Contest] FW: Packing electronics for TSA inspection

Andrei Stchislenok asnp3d at gmail.com
Sat May 29 08:00:18 PDT 2010

I flew to Moscow last May and took with me TS-570DG for a friend of mine.
The Custom in Domodedovo Airport did not care what I had in my carry on
luggage, literary. I tried to show them my Radio, they just sent me straight
out to the "Green gate" to go out. Two years ago, in September 2009 I had
IC-746PRO with me - the same story - custom officers were not interested
what I had in my luggage. When I was leaving Russia and was going thru
security check point - they did NOT allow me and others to take off the
shoes! Seriously. Nice lady officer said: "Do not show us a streaptiese
here, please!" lol.
The current Law in Russia allows now to bring Ham Radio transceivers without
any written permission I was told, so do not worry.

73's Andrei
EW1AR-NP3D