[CQ-Contest] SS CW question

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Mon Nov 8 11:12:17 PST 2010

* On 2010 08 Nov 06:36 -0600, KI9A at aol.com wrote:
> Is it just me, or  more and more stations skipping the callsign part  of
> the exchange??  I noticed this a couple years ago, and, this year, I had
> maybe 20 or so do this.

Others may chime in to tell me I don't know what I'm doing (not the
first time) but I gave N1MM logger a try for this year's SS and upon
setup I noted that its {EXCH} macro did not include my callsign.  I
manually set it to "# P * CH SEC" for all outgoing QSOs.

>  Not sure how to handle this. Do you ask for a fill to prove a point? To me,
>  it's a sign of laziness.  None of the stations doing this, were top SS
> scorers.
>
> Guys--it's IN THE RULES to send your call as part of the exchange,  just do
> it.

Agreed, but if the logging software is taking the shortcut, then that is
laziness in two places.  One must assure themselves that the software in
use conforms to *your* understanding of the exchange specified in the
rules.

73, de Nate >>