[CQ-Contest] SS CW question

Aldewey at aol.com Aldewey at aol.com
Mon Nov 8 20:21:34 PST 2010

Hans;

I respectfully disagree with you here.  I do user a Call History data  base
which auto populates, for example, the Check and Section field in SS.
However, I ALWAYS copy every exchange that is sent.  If it matches what was
pre-populated , I'm good to go.  If it does not, I enter the correct check  or
section.  N1MM makes this real easy with its free format entry.

It has NOTHING at all to do with CW copying skill.  It simply  saves key
strokes.  Unless contesting is supposed to be a skill of typing,  I don't see
the issue.

By the way, I would estimate that at least 5% (and maybe more) of the
pre-populated exchanges had to be corrected in SS this weekend.  People  either
moved or changed their check (for whatever reason).

If people blindly use the pre-fill, you are correct in that their UBN
report may be lengthy.

73,

Al, K0AD

In a message dated 11/8/2010 7:57:14 P.M. Central Standard Time,