[CQ-Contest] Roofing filter improvements?

John Geiger aa5jg at fidmail.com
Wed Nov 10 07:50:51 PST 2010

I have a mid level, late 90s rig on the way that has had the INRAD roofing filter installed in it. This is supposed to be a 5 to 6khz wide roofing filter, not some of the real narrow ones we are seeing today.  What kind of performance improvement are others seeing with these roofing filters?  Is it likely to turn a mid level rig into something usable in crowded contest and DXing conditions?  The rig will also have a 250hz CW INRAD filter and a 1.8khz INRAD filter installed.

73s John AA5JG