[CQ-Contest] TS590S from contesting point of view

wally wally at el-soft.com
Sat Nov 13 02:02:24 PST 2010

Here is the info abt the test I have made this morning with my new TS590S :

I had my neighbours LZ2CF and LZ2TW transmitting 2 Khz apart on both sides (
7.033 and 7.037 ) from 7.035 where LZ1PM was emitting a CW sig with S5
strenght (559 ) LZ1PM is app. 250 km away from my QTH. Both LZ2CF and LZ2TW
were 599 + 60 db.

With Preamp. off, AGC off and DSP filter at 500 Hz I was able to copy LZ1PM
just fine with negligible IMD from CF and TW. Turned DSP to 300Hz and I was
able to copy LZ1PM with NO ANY interference from two 599+60db signals just 2
Khz apart on both sides of 7.035 !!! ( signals strenght was measured with AGC
set to "fast")

Hope that info helps contesters with relatively limited budget.

73, de Wally LZ2CJ