[CQ-Contest] ZEROLAND QSO PARTY

Joe nss at mwt.net
Sat Nov 13 09:43:43 PST 2010

Wow,

Did I get slammed on that posting.!!

Only a couple politely said no via the list here,  but the direct
E-Mails,  wow!   Don't Shoot  the messenger dudes!!

And I know I seen this someplace, and here it is,

it's at QRZ on their front page is the announcement,  and the link to
the story is this,,,

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?t=271653

and I quote!!!

+ Single Transmitter
One transmitted signal at any given time. 10 minutes between band/mode
changes except for contacts under the Bonus Points section where only
the Bonus contact was made on the new band/mode. No power or mode
categories.

and the Bonus section  says,,,,,,,,,

Bonus Points: Stations may receive 500 bonus points for each contact
made on a schedule request arranged over the air during the contest from
another station needing the first station’s QSL confirmation on a
specific band or mode. Such contacts should be logged with a /500 added
to the callsign of the station that requested the schedule.

For example, K6III needs Iowa on 17m for both phone and CW. K6III works
W0IW on 20m phone and explains he needs Iowa on 17m and asks W0IW if he
has a 17m antenna and is willing to work on 17m? W0IW is agreeable and
K6III tunes to 17m to find a clear frequency and passes the information
to W0IW on 20m phone. W0IW and K6III now both QSY to the agreed
frequency on 17m. Favorable propagation allows them to work on phone and
then work on CW.
W0IW logs each contact separately with K6III/500 and has earned 1,000
bonus points. W0IW also gains another two multipliers for CA. If W0IW is
a multi-single station the 10 minutes band/mode change rule is not in
effect as only bonus QSOs are logged. K6III gets the needed contacts
towards his award, gets 5 points each contact for contacting a Zeroland
station and gets the IA multiplier for CW and Phone on 17m.

The intent of this rule is to reward cooperation with those seeking
contacts for awards and offset the possible negative impact for a
station to give up the run frequency in order to QSY for a schedule. If
WARC bands are involved, stations should work their schedule and then
return to one of the non-WARC bands if they intent to continue operation
in the contest.

I knew I read it someplace,,,

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock