[CQ-Contest] Summary: Disruption of Emergency Communication during CQWW SSB contest

Henk Remijn PA5KT pa5kt at remijn.net
Tue Nov 16 23:37:55 PST 2010

IF we would know there was an emergency we would listen.

But how do we know?
 From the national television? The only news I could find about Tomas
was an item about hurricanes with a referral to Tomas. The date of the
article was  Nov 8.

Devastating weather only reaches the news if there are a large number of
casualties and/or when it impacts the local region.

So it is important that emergency communication takes place on
frequencies were everybody expects this and that alternative frequencies
are choosen so that interference from other traffic is minimal.

73 Henk PA5KT