[CQ-Contest] The ZQP'S....BIG PICTURE ISSUE with switching to counties

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Thu Nov 18 07:50:26 PST 2010

I really enjoy contests with a strong domestic content (SS, NAQP, CQ
WPX, etc), but the single biggest reason I avoid most state and regional
QSO parties is the ridiculous non-uniformity of county abbreviations.
There simply is no justification for the confusion they all cause,
especially on weekends with multiple events.  Adding the ZQP with no
county at all doesn't help matters much.

73,
Dave   AB7E