[CQ-Contest] CQ WW Update

Bob Cox bobk3est at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 21:43:02 PST 2010

November 23, 2010

CQ WW Contest Committee Update

Dear Fellow Contesters,

We want to bring several subjects to your attention.

1.  We are sending you this update to remind you of the new assisted
categories.  If you plan to operate using *any* form of QSO assistance,
please enter as assisted.  You now have an opportunity to win certificate or
a trophy.  We are looking for sponsors for several of the new assisted
trophies.  If you are interested in being a donor, please contact John, K1AR
at k1ar at cqww.com . *The CQ WW all time records will be expanded starting
with the 2010 contests to include all the new assisted categories.*

2.  Remember the new deadline for CW logs is December 21, 2010.

3.  The rules of the CQ WW found at cqww.com (top tab RULES) are now in many
languages. If you can help translate the rules into a language not shown,
please contact questions at cqww.com.  When there is doubt about the translated
rules, the English version prevails.

4.  The *rules *pertaining to the assisted category mention: “QSO alerting
assistance is allowed (this includes, but is not limited to, packet, local
or remote Skimmer and/or Skimmer-like technology, Internet).  Self-spotting
or asking to be spotted is not  allowed.”

*Technology is advancing very rapidly.  The CQ WW Contest Committee wants to
make it clear about the use of Skimmer technology. *

*A.** * Skimmer and skimmer-like technology is permitted for all
Multi-Operator classes as well as for all the Single Operator-*Assisted
categories. *The use of a personal skimmer located *within the distance rule
limitations* of your QTH (500m rule) is OK.

*B.  *The use of a remote, personal skimmer is *NOT *allowed. This is the
same as a using a remote receiver, which is not allowed for any
category. *Remote
receivers (including Internet-based SDRs,) which are **outside the 500m
station circle*, *are not permitted* *(strictly forbidden) for any category.
***

*C. *Remote skimmers (beyond the 500m station circle) are *not permitted for
any category,* except for the *Reverse Beacon Network (RBN).*  *Utilization
of the RBN is permitted for all Multi-Operator classes as well as for the
Single Operator-Assisted categories ONLY.*  If you are a single op entry and
access the Reverse Beacon Network, *you MUST submit your log as ASSISTED.***

* If you have any questions, please contact questions at cqww.com.*

*
*

We hope *everyone* has a good time this coming weekend in the CQ WW CW
contest.

73,

Bob, K3EST

CQ WW Director