[CQ-Contest] CQ WW Update

Bob Naumann W5OV at W5OV.COM
Thu Nov 25 05:12:35 PST 2010

Dave,

You're persistent, though misguided.

There's really nothing new here.

What was forbidden before is still forbidden.

What was allowed before is still allowed.

As has been said before, it's just that there are some new technologies that
some people were apparently concerned might not be allowed because they were
not listed specifically in the rules concerning spotting systems.

The purpose is to make clear that spotting systems now include things such
as RBN's and the like. They and all their variants are all allowed in
addition to legacy spotting networks for assisted single ops and all
multi-op categories - ONLY.

Frankly, you're making far too much an issue out of this since it has zero
impact to anything you're (or most anyone else is) concerned with.

No, you don't need to hunt down anything. Just do your spot analysis after
the contest. That's enough.

Go eat some turkey.

73,

Bob W5OV