[CQ-Contest] Blind Mode for N1MM Bandmap

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Thu Oct 21 13:25:12 PDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 05:59:06PM -0000, Radio K0HB wrote:
> If the information displayed to the operator simply indicates that "there is
> a signal spotted at 14.005MHz" without any filtering for identification,
> dupe, new mult, etc., then it is no more informative than a band scope, and
> it should NOT constitute "assistance" in the commonly accepted sense.

But, it does tell you more than a band scope.  If it's been decoded as a CW
signalbut just anonymized, then you at least know it's not RTTY or SSB, which
might be useful information in certain segments of the band, especially on
40 meters.  I suppose a bandscope built into a radio might someday be able
to make that same determination, but I don't know of any right now that do.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com
http://www.kenharker.com/