[CQ-Contest] Now Official: The Netherlands Antilles Will Be Dissolved on 10-10-10

John Geiger aa5jg at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 12:14:22 PDT 2010

--- On Fri, 9/10/10, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists at subich.com> wrote:

> Personally, I would prefer DXAC and the DXCC desk avoid any
> new
> "deleted countries" by making Bonaire the "successor
> entity" to
> PJ2/4 and Saba/St. Eustatius the "successor entity" to
> PJ5/6/7.

I have always believed that this is what should/would happen, as it seems that this is very similar to the Yugoslavia/Serbia situation.  Yugoslavia broke up into several pieces, but the overall governing authority remailed in Serbia, like they will remain with a couple of the islands that don't go independent.

73s John AA5JG