[CQ-Contest] Club/Group competition

KB1H kb1h at ct.metrocast.net
Tue Apr 12 18:02:40 PDT 2011

Well, I finally felt I needed to weigh in on this subject.

Here at KB1H /NZ1U we have been  contributing scores to the YCCC for more
years than I can remember. For the four major contests this is so, CQWW DX
CW, CQWW DX SSB, ARRL DX SSB, and ARRL  DX CW. In fatc I ask all operators
to make sure they pay dues so we have no issues with elibility.

However, over many years we have developed friendships and acquaintances
that would like to contribute scores to our small group.

We have friends in Texas, Indiana , Spain, and even probably Thailand that
would be happy to turn in a club score for our Barnstormers Contest Group.

I think adopting a rule like is done in the NAQP contests where distance has
no limit and only a declaration of what team or club you want to claim your
score for would be great.

OK don't change the "Big" ones but there are many contests that the major
contest clubs don't care about. ARRL SS, CQWW WPX, CQWW RTTY, and many more.

This would help in the development of comardarie and maybe activity.

73
Dick