[CQ-Contest] Club/Group competition

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Mon Apr 18 17:10:28 PDT 2011

K5ZD asked:

 > If we replace distance, what should be the definition of a club for
the purposes of contest club competition?

Distance seems to be more like a top-end limit for an aggregate group
competition.

Instead of defining it, distance categorizes it.

Problem with this is, unlike the other form of group competition in
radiosport - multi-op - there is no "point of diminishing returns".  And
like W-land itself, all over the world population density varies, so
categorization based on area will tend to favor density.

The definition of the group for aggregate group competition I suppose
could be anything, but if a meaningful aggregate group competition is
desired it should probably take into consideration the population of the
group.

 > How can the new definition be checked/scored by the contest
administrator?

What is done presently?

73, ex-VR2BG/p.