[CQ-Contest] KR2Q - RX1CQ

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Sat Aug 6 21:44:57 PDT 2011

Well, I'm sorry that you don't want to hear any dissension.

But I fail to see why the number of posts I have made have any bearing on
the continued erosion of trust in fellow contesters.

And... since you brought up competition on a "global" scale... I'm not
talking about oversight by the contest committee(s) or similar oversight
organizations.  That's disingenuous.

For example:  It's one thing for the WRTC organizers to set the rules for
the operators and to determine the level of oversight.  But it's quite
another for anyone who feels like it to come along and demand -- and expect
-- the organizers to turn over every scrap of information that's been
gathered about every operating team, just so "everyone" can figure out on
their own if the organizers & operators were on the up & up as they claimed
to be.

Does the operator of Joe's Bike Shack in downtown Podunk have the right to
demand that the Tour de France organizers turn over Lance Armstrong's test
results... and everyone else's for that matter... after all, he's involved
in serious competitive biking too!

Is the equivalent of that really what you want?  Because that's where Open
Logs and now Open UBN reports and Lord knows what next leads us.