[CQ-Contest] open logs

BRYON PAUL n0ah VEAL bryonveal at msn.com
Tue Aug 9 20:26:46 PDT 2011

Private logs may be a thing of the pass if and when certain contest require live stream logging in the future.

An argument as to why to keep a log private might have a lot more to do with one's region having "A" typical openings on bands most would assume closed yet known only to the most seasoned contesters. Perhaps the DX clusters, skimmers, etc...have made this once interesting knowledge of band strategy an advantage of the past, but I can understand why certain contesters would like to keep their plans their own- It is like having a photo of your Stratego set up printed after each game.  Eventually, your competition is going to see an advantage to try and beat you with it-

But like I stated in the beginning, with all the pressure to get logs in right away to prevent check log advantages with live stream logging, my guess is we are looking at a mute argument down the road-

Bryon "Paul" Veal  MAED
FCC Amateur Radio License-N0AH
n0ah at arrl.net
Certified ARRL Volunteer Wireless Technology Instructor
Acres Green Elementary School Amateur Radio Club Trustee - KD0NIV