[CQ-Contest] KR2Q - RX1CQ

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Tue Aug 9 21:59:42 PDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 06:33:13PM -0500, Kelly Taylor wrote:

> Remember how those 'in the know' claimed that open logs would 'put
> to rest all accusations of unfairness'?  As we have seen, open logs
> did not put the matter to rest, and neither will open UBN reports.

While I am not opposed to open UBN's I really do not see the point.

Many electrons have been wasted here in the last week or so about
the calls in the subject of this email message.  And anyone that
thinks something unfair happened should be able to look at the logs
and see for themselves. As others have suggested - check them again.

It is not that open logs have not helped - it is that anyone can
throw out the idea that something is amiss and stir things up.
This you can not stop - but it seems to me with the open logs it
is a simple matter to run one of the number of tools across them or
even just look at them and the differences would likely be obvious.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr