[CQ-Contest] KR2Q - RX1CQ

Bob Naumann W5OV at W5OV.COM
Wed Aug 10 05:27:17 PDT 2011

Ron,

It seems that you just don't want to understand that submitted LOGS ARE
PUBLIC by rule. So the "why you should" is simply "because it is the rule".
You also do not recognize that when you submit your log, you agree to make
your log public or you don't submit it. You are given the opportunity to say
no and not submit your log so I am not sure what you're claiming about being
*forced*. No one forces you to submit a log.

You say:

"I find it interesting that you challenge me to explain why my log should
not be made public, yet continually refuse to explain why I should".

What you are doing in asking me to explain why the rule should be in place
is considered a logical fallacy called "shifting the burden of proof".

You are attempting to shift the burden of proof for your challenge of the
status quo (existing rules) to me in order to avoid offering valid support
for your assertion.

(Google "shifting the burden of proof" for more on this logical fallacy. One
concise reference is:
http://ksuweb.kennesaw.edu/~shagin/logfal-distract-shiftburden.htm )

The rules are what they are. Tell me why they should be different. You state
emphatically that it is your opinion, but that's all. Tell me *why*.

Bob W5OV