[CQ-Contest] Upcoming: 57th Worked All Europe DX Contest (WAEDC) CW

Michael D. Adams mda at ab1od.org
Fri Aug 12 14:47:11 PDT 2011

Larry K4AB wrote:

> I agree.  I don't really understand what this rule means.
>
> > Off times WAEDC rule: If operation is interrupted for more than 12 hours
> the three longest off time periods must be a minimum of 12 hours.

The rule is saying that you have to take 12 hours off-time spread across no
more than 3 breaks.  If you take more than 3 breaks, your three longest
breaks have to be at least 12 hours long.

Examples:

* Taking a single 12-hour break is OK
* Taking two 6-hour breaks is OK
* Taking three 4-hour breaks is OK
* Taking four 3-hour breaks is NOT ok, since your 3 longest breaks add up to
9 hours.
* Taking four 4-hour breaks IS ok, since your 3 longest breaks add up to 12
hours.

--
Michael D. Adams (AB1OD)
Poquonock, Connecticut | mda at ab1od.org