[CQ-Contest] Multi-op rule change in CQWW

Bob Naumann W5OV at W5OV.COM
Thu Aug 18 06:52:58 PDT 2011

Looking at recent contest results, we have found that "completely
unenforceable" is not true in the case of both CQWW and the RDXC for
multiple signals per band.

Violation of the one transmitter at a time rule is enforceable and has
resulted in numerous DQs in both of these contests.

The point here is that such a station, that can have a two-radio on a band
system should take the time and effort to interlock them properly to prevent
(this is the key word: PREVENT) having two signals on a band at a time.

I see no problem with that or the rule. How the station chooses to comply is
up to them.

One station soliciting contacts (i.e.; CQing) per band is all that is
allowed by rule. This is very clear to me.

Why would we want one station calling CQ on multiple frequencies interlocked
or not? The CQWW does not want this type of activity, hence the rule. I
think it's a good one.

One thing about these new rules is that they are specific and understanding
them is easy. Either you comply with them or you don't.

73,

Bob W5OV