[CQ-Contest] Multi-op rule change in CQWW

Jukka Klemola jpklemola at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 07:57:44 PDT 2011

Juha and all,

The rule intention is to prevent simultaneous CQ from one station.

Main driver is available bandwidth.

By this rule, for example 160SSB can be used in Europe.
Without this rule, there could be only 20 or even less multi stations
calling CQ on 160SSB.
The band would be full.

Same applies to many other bands.

The rule allows simultaneous CQ and S&P.

You might be surprised today's best M/S stations use three
transceivers on the run band.
Imagine all those calling CQ.
One after another; covering three frequencies on an already crowded band.

In case you missed something, I guess you have my mobile phone number.

73,
Jukka OH6LI