[CQ-Contest] Fw: [RRDXA] E73M - I have cheated

Kostas Stamatis sv1dpi at otenet.gr
Fri Aug 19 05:35:21 PDT 2011

I agree in many points with Christian.
Beside this the contest commitee must show its power. K1TTT makes a report
after major contest. How many of them were punished? Noone. But if we don't
punish for what is sure (self spotting) is ever possible to punish for some
watts more? Did you see Russians results some days ago. Do you think that
their contest popularity is random? Do you think that everyone contester is
honest like the most Americans are? Probably the 99% of Americans contesters
are honest. But it is not the same when we speak for Italians, Greeks,
Russians, etc. So we will continue to measure them with American weights nad
measures? If we can not have control over qrp/low/high power categories,
it's better not to have these categories at all. I believe there are ways to
prevent this. The most important is every contest organiser to show his
power to contesters as Russians, Slovenians and possibly others do. Ask SCC
commitee to check logs of Cqww. I am sure that they will do, even i don't
know them. I am also sure that over 10% of the stations will be
disqualified. Why cq or arrl doesn't make the same. Because of their public
relations? I wish it is not the truth. Finally the point is : do we want to
catch the cheaters or not?
73 Kostas sv1dpi