[CQ-Contest] unIDs

Matt Murphy matt at nq6n.com
Thu Dec 1 17:00:23 PST 2011

If you want to really get the message across, work the station again and
send CALL PSE OM or something like that.  Even a harmless question mark or
two can get the message across.  No running station is going to want to
have his choice of infrequent IDing slow down the rate.  I think it's
reasonable to wait a QSO or two before asking, but I also think it's
reasonable to ask.  Also, the habit of some calling stations to give up
after 30 seconds if not answered immediately encourages a running station
to assume that all callers know his call and that he's doing them a favor
by not IDing so that they don't have to wait around as long (or give up on
the QSO before it happened).