[CQ-Contest] Headphones for CW

Collins, Graham CollinG at navcanada.ca
Fri Dec 2 05:25:05 PST 2011

Good morning Matt (and all),

Thank you all for your input on my question.

I was out Christmas shopping yesterday evening and took some time to have a "look - touch - listen - try" of many of the current popular offerings in the local stores, over ear, on ear, in ear, earbuds etc.

I still find in ear /earbuds uncomfortable but the higher end model do sound very good. Unfortunately I was not able to try the Bose QC2 or QC15 that others have been speaking highly of.

I have made a choice - the Sennheiser HD280's - based on input and reviews of others and availability. Also the fact that they have a replaceable cord. I don't much care for the coiled style of cord and I will be "fixing" that very minor bit before too long.

I don't know if the higher end and more expensive models would give me more so I took aim squarely in the middle of the pack price wise and flipped a coin to decide between the HD280 and MDR-5706.

Cheers, Graham ve3gtc