[CQ-Contest] The final word

Doug Renwick ve5ra at sasktel.net
Tue Dec 6 11:31:09 PST 2011

>From a reliable CQ Contest source: "the other station never gets penalized
for errors or omissions on your end".  So in a case where I don't send a
signal report or even don't send a zone the contact is still valid for
points.  Omissions do not result in a deleted QSO.  So if I were to send
"P5XX 4" and not "P5XX 59 4", I would still have a valid QSO.  The choice is
yours.  So next time we make a contest contact, and I don't give you a
signal report, and you ask for a signal report; my answer will be 'what does
your logging program say my signal report is'?  And that is what it will be.

Doug