[CQ-Contest] Echoes

Maarten van Rossum pd2r.maarten at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 09:30:10 PST 2011

Hi Jim,

I had an simmilar experience but I only operate phone. We use a 6 over 6
stack at 120 feet and when I called "CQ contest PI4DX" and released the
footswitch real quick I could often hear the last part of the last letter.
Of the letter "Xray" I could hear "ray". I tried to get it on video with my
iPad but I didn't quite get it.
For me this was a first and I had a blast this contest.

73, Maarten
PD2R
PI4DX contest group

Op maandag 12 december 2011 schreef James  Cain (jamesdavidcain at gmail.com)
het volgende:
> Dang, something I forgot to mention in my 3830 ARRL 10 Meter Contest
posting...

> I have full CW break-in and couldn't live without it. I use an Ameritron
QSK-5 box that gives me very clean break-in (no artifacts, etc). On Sunday,
the weirdest thing ... I swear I was hearing my own signal, echoed back to
me. At first I thought it was somebody trying to steal my frequency but
quickly realized that the signal ended right after I stopped transmitting.
I listened closely between my "live" dits and dahs and, yes indeed, it was
me!