[CQ-Contest] Echoes

Art Boyars artboyars at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 06:31:50 PST 2011

Re: K1TN's post --

I heard the "nornal" echoes from the northeasterly stations (KA1ZD in CT;
the loud Europens) Sunday morning.  I figured that stations with (big)
directive antennas might be getting some LP QSOs.  Here, with the dipole,
it was just an annoyance.  Not having QSK (Sigh!), I would not have heard
my own echoes, if any.

Back around 1970 at W9YT we pointed the 20M beam (5 or 6 elements) NE along
the gray line; sunset, as I recall.  With QSK, we sent a short dit, and
heard our own signal about 140 msec later.

Maybe it's a Wisconsin thing.

73, Art K3KU