[CQ-Contest] RBN Spots...I stand corrected

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Fri Dec 16 09:23:18 PST 2011

Yeah butt...  Hi Steve!

If I remember correct, the RBN tries to spot you every 10 minutes,
unless you change frequency, then your call can be posted sooner. So if
you did not move during those 176 times you were spotted, that's equal
to being spotted "continuously" for over 29 hours.

The other variable would be Multi-Multi stations, where their call sign
(theoretically) could be spotted on 5 or 6 bands simultaneously, with
individual 10-minute timers on each band. A single transmitter or SO2R
station will have less opportunity to be spotted by the RBN.

Pete, correct me if this is not correct, i.e., a multi-transmitter
station will be spotted on multiple bands at the same time. In my
example, I am "assuming" this is the case.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN