[CQ-Contest] QZB and the contest...

Chuck Chandler ws1l at comcast.net
Tue Feb 22 06:45:05 PST 2011

Pardon me if this is a repeat post, I've been moving to Gmail and am still
learning its oddities...

I had a chance to put in about 14 hours this weekend, and it's been years
since I entered the ARRL DX CW.  I noticed that same zero-beat wall a few
times when I was trying to run.  I really had a hard time with several
stations all zero beat.  Like John and Rick, I had to wait for someone to
call out of sequence, or try to pick out a letter or two to call for.  I
don't recall seeing this before, though I am sure it was a lot bigger
problem for a rare station than for me :)

Fortunately (?) with 100W I usually did better S&P than running.  Saturday
afternoon the JA's were good on 15M... I could copy the 100W JA's about S5
on a quiet band, even the 50 watters were S3, but I never got a solid run
going.  Rate was around 30/hr. from 2200-2400Z.

--
73 de Chuck, WS1L

Oak Grove, MS - EM51
ws1l at comcast.net