[CQ-Contest] RDXC updated FAQ - Remote operation

Larry - K7SV k7sv at comcast.net
Sat Feb 26 06:12:16 PST 2011

As I read Paul's comments it appears to me that he mistakes Mats' intent.
Mats wants to use the internet as the vehicle to remotely connect to his
radios.

The comment "We're talking about amateur radio contesting, and you want to
use the internet to replace RF in the signal path between you and the other
operators" is what suggests to me that Paul misunderstands Mats desire.

Unless I've misread Mats his intent is to use an RF path between himself and
the other contesters, but he'll use an internet connection to remotely
connect to his summer qth where the radios are located.

Ultimately as Mats has since said the purpose of his posting was to clarify
the rules, not to argue them.

73 de Lar K7SV