[CQ-Contest] Revised 2011 NAQP Rules

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Wed Jan 5 10:48:03 PST 2011

On 05/01/2011 14:19, Bob Naumann wrote:

> I would also propose that we not focus on the word "assisted". I think that
> word at the time it was selected was certainly not chosen to cover whatever
> might develop over the coming decades.

Agreed - all relevant technology assists.  Computer
loggers assist, SCP assists ....

> 1) Single Operator
> 2) Single Operator Plus
> 3) Single Operator Extreme

I suggest

1)  Single Operator SO
2)  Single Operator Hybrid SOH (uses other comms
            technologies or multi-channel decoders)

I don't see any reason to have a third category
of single-op, athough some may argue for a multi-op
extreme category.

A definition like this offers the possibility
of introducing a multi-op "unassisted" category,
for teams preferring not to use other communications
technologies or multi-channel decoders.

73,
Paul EI5DI