[CQ-Contest] is there really a DX "window" on 160

kr2q at optimum.net kr2q at optimum.net
Fri Jan 7 05:42:53 PST 2011

RE:  recent "beacon" activity + associated "comments"

So OUTSIDE of contest, is there really a DX "hot spot" on 160?

Sounded like a fun project.  I went to DX Summit (a reasonable source) and asked for 1000
of the most recent spots on 160 (I think I selected CW).

About 100 of them were for Ws and VEs, so I deleted those (not "DX") from the protester's
perspective.

I then sorted by callsign and found the distribution per QRG (round to the nearest integer).

Here is what I found

I know the columns don't line up, but you get the idea.  Remember, this is a count of
CALLSIGNS

QRG	# calls spotted	% of all DX spots

1810	4	0.9%
1811	13	2.8%