[CQ-Contest] new logging program available

S56A s56a at bit.si
Sat Jan 8 08:29:50 PST 2011

K3FIV description of 1975 radio identification program reminds me of similar 1990s project of one big EU multinational company done for the police of an oil rich Middle Eastern country.  Hams try to decode callsigns active on dedicated bands for a valid two way contacts.  I guess use of Morse code in military and police has decreased and it is our responsibility to preserve 100 years of history by puting our last expert knowledge into PC software.  Commercial interest is probably low so we should introduce a competition in good machine decoding of Morse instead of blindly insisting on oldfashioned reception by ears only.  Progress in computer chess might be a good ilustration of human knowledge development.

73 de Mario, S56A soon to go RU RYRYRY...