[CQ-Contest] Why not do a test??

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Sat Jul 2 13:47:23 PDT 2011

My understanding is that the NCDXF/IARU beacons were deployed with
"standard" antennas, the Cushcraft R5 multi-band verticals. Granted,
looking at some of the photos on the site, there have been some issues
with durability in some locations.

Since my post, I also found there is software (Faros) available (by
VE3NEA) that automates the reception of the beacon network.
http://www.dxatlas.com/faros/

It appears there is decent planning and engineering behind these
systems... but if you rather reinvent the wheel...  just sayin'...

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN