[CQ-Contest] Proposal MPMF Contest (more points more fun)

N2GC at aol.com N2GC at aol.com
Tue Jul 5 15:15:42 PDT 2011

Nice to see someone thinking outside the box on this subject. (most qso's X
 most mults = winner)
I think a contest with most of your ideas would be very interesting and a
lot of fun.

Before creating a new contest, how about using beta testers at  different
locations around the world operate an existing contest like IARU or  WPX
(everyone can work everyone) using software and strategy of the new proposed
rules and scoring.

As far as ARRL DX is concerned.  I think mults for DX  stations should be
changed to ARRL sections.  This would add more of a  challenge for them.  It
would be more challenging for an EU  station that had to work all the
sections in CA rather than just one station for  the state mult.  This might force
them to stay on a particular band  longer when there is prop to the west
coast in order to work all the  sections.  Stations on the west coast and in
between may benefit from the  EU station being on that particular band longer
when rate may be better on a  different band that maybe didn't have any
prop to the west  coast.

Mike N2GC

In a message dated 7/1/2011 5:48:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,