[CQ-Contest] arrl correction factor

Martin , LU5DX lu5dx at lucg.com.ar
Wed Jul 6 12:54:34 PDT 2011

I agree Tony. The same thing happens to us when we hear Caribbean Stations
on 160 and 80 running at 200+Qs/hr and I guess not even in our dreams we can
achieve that :-)

Anyway, this thread has been really educational to me and I bet to several
of us. I'm still convinced that a weighed scoring system can be achieved
taking in consideration factors such as paths, SFI, K and A indexes  and the
resulting SNR between two geographical locations. But as I wrote in my
previous email: generating the needed data would take over 300 MILLIONS
records minimum. And to be honest, it still will not be a perfect and fully
balanced scoring system. No doubt it will be a really step forward respect
to what we have today.

Regardless of whether the ARRL adopts a new scoring system it would be a
very interesting collaborative experiment if we as a community can
brainstorm towards achieving what would be  a fair scoring system based on
the factors mentioned above and the resulting effort that it takes to work a
station over a given path, under certain SFI and geomagnetic conditions on a
given frequency.

73 to all!

Martin, Lu5dx