[CQ-Contest] WPX & activity (Was: intended consequences)

James Cain jamesdavidcain at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 06:01:43 PDT 2011

The current  date for WPX CW (last full weekend of May) is fine with me. Memorial Day is a minor holiday and it only applies to the U.S. anyway. And, the end-of-May date helps spread out the major contest weekends a little, allowing a break after the winter contest madness and before the IARU contest.

But, moving the contest to a better DX propagation date would be nice. How about April or mid-October? If I were the WPX sponsor I would not be intimidated by any of the podunk operating activities on every weekend that hardly anybody operates in. The WPX is a worldwide activity that should take precedence over contests of a parochial nature.

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
Black Hole, Wisconsin