[CQ-Contest] WPX & activity (Was: intended consequences)

Jeffrey Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 22 19:47:24 PDT 2011

>> The current  date for WPX CW (last full weekend of

>> May) is fine with me.

>>> Memorial Day is a minor>holiday and it only applies

>> to the U.S. anyway.

>> Hi Jim

>> Explain to my wife and family that on Memorial Day we are

>> going to stay home

>> so I can contest :-)

>> After a long winter, it is pretty major here.  73

>> Tom W7WHY

It would be nice if CQ could maybe swap the CW and SSB weekends  for both
CQWW and WPX every other year so CW doesn't always fall on a holiday
weekend.

K4BAI and I always have problems finding operators to join us for our annual
CQWW DX CW trips to PJ4A because of conflicts with Thanksgiving. Lucky for
me my wife is

understanding about me going. I return the favor by letting her choose where
we go on family vacations (non-radio) for the rest of the year.

Jeff KU8E