[CQ-Contest] Leveling the Playing Field

James Cain jamesdavidcain at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 05:13:19 PDT 2011

I think trying distance-based scoring in the ARRL DX Contest might be really fun, presuming that it would be used to assign points to each contact according to Great Circle distance and retaining the DXCC "Countries" List as multipliers. Please read carefully -- I said "trying." It would definitely give me more reason to participate again next year and probably to spend more time in the contest.

I've been doing DX contests for 48 years, from Connecticut, Indiana, Wisconsin, New Jersey, Mississippi, and from several Caribbean spots.

I vote YES. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
7 miles east of Mountain, Wisconsin