[CQ-Contest] Leveling the playing field

David J. Sourdis - HK1A hk1kxa at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 25 13:12:00 PDT 2011

I think it would be interesting to try a double scoring system; the current system and the distance-based system as category overlay to see what happens. A simple algorithm using the grid locators with six characters or the coordinates to calculate distances. One point for each thousand kilometers , being 0 to 1000 km worth one point. No long path distances. Max score for a QSO would be 20 points (19000 to 20000 km)
73

David
HK1A
EC5KXA