[CQ-Contest] BARTG Contests and Changes

Roger Cooke roger at g3ldi.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 03:51:52 PST 2011

Hi.

  Some information that you might be able to use.

The BARTG HF RTTY Contest.

This highly popular will take place 0200z Saturday 19th March 2011
until 0200z Monday 21st March 2011.

The BARTG Sprint75 Contests.

There are now two of these, April and September.

The dates for 2011 are 17:00 - 21:00z Saturday 30th April and 17:00
- 21:00z Sunday 18th September.
Note that these are short tests and we look forward to an even
larger attendance this year. They are
great fun, and good practice for nimble fingers!

Full details and rules can be found on the BARTG web site:
http://www.bartg.org.uk/index.asp
Look under the CONTEST tab.

More changes at BARTG.

Phil, GU0SUP has had to relinquish his post as Awards Manager due to
personal
circumstances. Phil did a great job for BARTG and we thank him for
his services.
He says he will try to support the contests as and when time allows.
   His place has been taken by Chris Plummer, G8APB and we welcome
him to the
Committee. His resume and picture can be found on the BARTG web site
under
the COMMITTEE tab.
   We would also like to welcome Graeme Castleton, G6CSY to the
Contests/DX/Software
subgroup. Graeme will help streamline the contest procedure and will
also be a source
of information on various software programs. Take a look at his
resume and you will
find that in the same place.

Sponsors.
    BARTG is now mainly a Contest/DX sponsoring web based group and
we sponsor
various DX-peditions, encouraging Data operations. Membership is
essentially free,
and you can join at the Web site. You then become a "Friend" of
BARTG.  However,
donations, small or large are always welcome to assist with the
sponsoring.

   We are also looking for Sponsors for some of our major
awards/trophies. If you wish
to Sponsor an award or trophy, write to Chris, G8APB at
plummerc42 at hotmail.com