[CQ-Contest] Throwing the Baby Out With the Bathwater

Mike Fatchett W0MU w0mu at w0mu.com
Wed Mar 16 20:43:38 PDT 2011

Harder was a bad choice of words.  It won't be hard for me at all as I
probably won't make a single contact.  Sponsors chase participants away
with overly restrictive rules that are really created for just a few.
If you make things difficult people will chose other activities.  I know
people that will not operate the WAE contests because of the QTC's.

While participation in general is good, the goal should be to get as
many people to submit logs as possible so there can be a more thorough
inspection and judging of the logs.

What does my height above sea level have to do with contesting?