[CQ-Contest] Throwing the Baby Out With the Bathwater

Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Fri Mar 18 07:21:44 PDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:18 PM, <w7dra at juno.com> wrote:

 yes, one of the neat facts of the OCDX contest is that they put out a
> listing of all the equipment you used in the contest. now it is all
> transeivers, but some years ago it was really interesting to see what
> setups got kluged together for the contest...............

Way back when, ARRL used to do the same for Sweepstakes. I used to enjoy
seeing the equipment people used to beat me. It was one page in the old
small-format QST. Even one large page wouldn't come close to working these
days.

Ski Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light