[CQ-Contest] Technology against cheating?

KU7Y ku7y.cw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 09:22:35 PDT 2011

I think the real problem with enforcement is being able to have proof that
would stand up to a legal challenge.

Years ago I was an ARRL OO.  They used to put the calls of people who got
some number of OO notices in QST but then they stopped doing that.  The
reason, filtered down to those of us in the field, was that they were
leaving themselves open to law suits.  (I have no idea how true that reason
really was).

But it's not too hard to imagine someone suing over being DQ'ed.  So it
seems to me that any ideas about how to "catch" those who cheat needs to
keep in mind some standard of proof that will stand a legal challenge.

Those who understand the legal field might be able to confirm or dismiss
this thought!

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
SOWP 5545M