[CQ-Contest] Technology against cheating?

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Thu Mar 24 12:46:40 PDT 2011

I think there's a big difference between changing your power level during a contest... or changing from a MS to SO because the other op couldn't make it, or SO to MS or even MM because another op showed up... and similar shifts in strategy and or category...

...and after the fact, post contest changing your entry class at the time of your log submission to give yourself a better chance to "win."  Especially when you've seen what the competition in your class has already submitted on 3830 or a similar venue.

One is adjusting for circumstances.  The other calls your ethics into question.  IMHO.

73